Author: Jeanine Donofrio for Love and Lemons
Serves: 1 large latte
- 1 black tea bag
- 2 whole star anise pods
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 4 dried cardamom pods
- 11oz. container of Orignal Almond Breeze
- optional: ½ inch knob of fresh ginger
- optional: sweetener (maple, honey, stevia, etc) to taste
- Place 1 black tea bag and a few whole spices into a mug.
- In a separate mug, heat the almond milk in the microwave for 1-2 minutes. Pour steaming almond milk into spiced-tea mug and steep for 5 minutes.
- Remove the tea bag and let the spices steep for 5 more minutes. (The longer they steep, the more flavorful your drink will be). Taste and add sweetener if you like. Scoop out the spices (or just drink around them).
Note: whole peppercorns are a nice addition, if you’re steeping and straining your tea. If you don’t want to strain anything, skip em.
Another note: skip the honey if you are vegan