via Love & Lemons
- 1 cup uncooked whole wheat orzo
- 1+ tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon dijon mustard
- a few squeezes of lemon
- 1 small bunch of chard (about 4-5 leaves)
- ⅓ cup feta cheese
- ¼ cup toasted walnuts
- salt & pepper
- Prep your chard by slicing off the coarse parts of the stems and dicing them. Coarsely chop the greens and set aside.
- Cook orzo in a pot of salted boiling water according to package directions (or about 9 minutes).
- In a medium bowl add 1 tablespoon olive oil, minced garlic, dijon mustard, lemon, salt and pepper. Once your orzo is done cooking, drain it and then add it to this bowl and toss. (the heat of the pasta will gently cook the raw garlic). Taste, adjust seasonings and set aside.
- In a medium skillet, heat a few teaspoons of olive oil, then add the chard stems, salt and pepper. Next, add the chard leaves and toss until just wilted (less than 2 minutes). Finish with a squeeze of lemon and remove from heat.
- Assemble bowls with orzo, chard, feta and toasted walnuts.
Make this gluten free by subbing quinoa for orzo.
Make this vegan by skipping the cheese.