Space is limited to 10 people.
Please register below to secure your space.
Walk-ins are welcome, but we cannot guarantee a space without advanced registration.
We live in a world of immediacy. And it's stressing us out BIG TIME.
The practice of meditation helps slow us down. It allows us to let go of this sense of urgency. It also opens us up to other possibilities without too much interference. We’re all guilty of trying to control every aspect of our lives. Setting intentions is an extremely powerful tool, but the process must be respected for it to work.
Here are some tips to help you use intentions with your meditation practice:
- Write down your intentions and, if possible, write them down with a pen and paper. There is power in the physical act of writing it down.
- State your intentions in the positive. For example, instead of saying, “I don’t want any more parking tickets.” State, “I will always find ample, free parking every time I need it.”
- Read over your intentions before you go into your meditation. If you have a lot of intentions, you can skim them. You know what they are and you’re just sending yourself and the universe a gentle reminder.
- Surrender your intentions to the universe. The concept of letting go is not an easy thing to do. However, it’s necessary when setting intentions. Guess what? You’re not in control. Embrace it and feel the freedom of not having to try to control everything in your life.
- Be open to infinite possibilities. We don’t know enough to see the grander picture. But that’s the fascinating thing about the process. Staying open to possibilities keeps life exciting, fun, and yes, worth laughing about.
Join us EVERY Monday through September for a new guided meditation at Elm City Wellness.
Meditations will run approximately 30-45 minutes.
*All fees are refundable up until 24 hours before the event (unless otherwise stated). There are no refunds within 24 hours of the class or workshop.